Association Membership & Dues
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE MONTHLY ASSOCIATION MEETINGS? WHO CAN ATTEND?
All members of FLHPOA are welcome and encouraged to attend our monthly association meetings! We meet at 7 pm on the 3rd Wednesday of every month at the Lake Villa Township Community Center (37850 N. Rte. 59) in the multipurpose room.
During these meetings, we hear updates from all board members, discuss maintenance projects and upcoming events, conduct new and old business, and address concerns and questions from homeowners in attendance. We try to keep these meetings to an hour or less.
WHAT IS THE FLHPOA ANNUAL MEETING? HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM THE MONTHLY MEETINGS?
Our annual meeting is held in September. During this meeting, the budget for the new fiscal year (Sept.–Aug.) is shared and board members are elected. Other important matters may be voted on during this meeting as well.
Unfortunately, this meeting cannot be held without a minimum number of homeowners in attendance. Since this is an important meeting for members to attend, we send several reminders beforehand to encourage attendance.
WHAT ARE THE ASSOCIATION DUES AND WHAT IS THE MONEY USED FOR?
Dues and fees are charged annually. Statements are mailed in late November with payment due January 1st. Actual dues are set in our bylaws at $5 for an unimproved lot (aka an empty lot) and $10 for an improved lot (aka a lot that has had a house built on it).
The association assesses an additional annual fee of $135. This fee pays for the general maintenance and upkeep of all playground equipment, the beach, the pavilion, picnic tables, benches, landscaping in all common areas, etc. This fee also covers electricity, attorney fees, and insurance. A graphic explanation can be seen HERE.
AREN'T HARBOR EXPENSES COVERED BY THE ASSOCIATION FEES TOO?
No, none of the harbor expenses come out of the association fees. All harbor expenses are covered by the fees paid by those who use the harbor. You can read more about our harbor HERE.
WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY MY ANNUAL DUES ONLINE OR BY MAIL?
FLHPOA uses Associa Chicago for financial management. They collect association fees, pay vendors, maintain property ownership records, and perform bookkeeping tasks. You can read more about Associa HERE.
None of the board members interact with payments from property owners.
WHO CAN I TALK TO ABOUT MY ASSOCIATION DUES/FEES?
Please direct your questions to our management company, Associa Chicagoland, at (847) 882-8207.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING?
Fox Lake Hills property owners who are current on their association dues and fees are considered homeowners in good standing. All FLHPOA members in good standing are allowed to vote, enjoy the use of our parks, and attend our events.
I'M SELLING MY HOME. HOW DO I OBTAIN THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CLOSING AND WHAT ARE THE ASSOCIATED FEES?
Information regarding fees and how to order documents can be found HERE. All questions should be directed to our management company, Associa Chicagoland, at (847) 882-8207.
Parks & Harbor
HOW MANY PARKS ARE WITHIN THE ASSOCIATION?
There are four parks: Bayview Park, Orchard Park, Chesney Park, and John Rule Park. You can find photos and more information about the parks HERE.
HOW DO I RESERVE THE BAYVIEW PARK PAVILION?
To reserve the pavilion and for info on available dates, please see the Pavilion Reservations page HERE.
DO I NEED TO MAKE A RESERVATION IN ORDER TO USE THE PICKLEBALL COURT AT BAYVIEW PARK?
No reservation is necessary to use the pickleball court so long as at least one player is a resident member of good standing in our association. Please be courteous should another party wish to also use the court by not overextending your playing time.
WHO CAN I TALK TO ABOUT HARBOR FEES?
Due to the number of questions we receive related to Bayview Harbor and the Chesney Park boat launch, we have compiled those frequently asked questions on the Harbor page HERE. If your question is not answered there, please email the Harbormaster at [email protected].
ARE WE CONSIDERED INCORPORATED OR UNINCORPORATED LAKE COUNTY?
Fox Lake Hills is an unincorporated area.
ARE WE PART OF THE VILLAGE OF LAKE VILLA, LAKE VILLA TOWNSHIP, OR GRANT TOWNSHIP?
We are part of Lake Villa Township. Their website has a lot of helpful information. You can sign up to receive their e-news in the "Welcome to Lake Villa Township" section of their home page.
DOES FOX LAKE HILLS PARTICIPATE IN TRICK-OR-TREATING?
Yes! Fox Lake Hills always has the same trick-or-treat hours as the Village of Lake Villa. Please check their sites for updates.
WHAT IS THE LAKE COUNTY PUBLIC NUISANCE ORDINANCE?
The Lake County website has a page dedicated to this topic. You can read the details of the ordinance on the PDF located HERE. These ordinances apply to both incorporated and unincorporated areas in Lake County.
I HAVE A NEIGHBOR WHO IS BREAKING THE LAKE COUNTY NUISANCE ORDINANCE. WHO DO I CONTACT?
If possible, try talking to your neighbor about the issue first. If that hasn't worked or is not an option, please contact Lake County via their "Report a Concern" page.
- For junk and debris, inoperable vehicles, or tall grass and weeds, select the "Homes & Properties" form.
- For unhealthy or unsanitary situations, select the "Health" form.
- For help with issues concerning wildlife or pets, view the "Animals & Pets" page.
- If you witness a crime or suspicious activity, you can use the "Anonymous Crime Tip" form. Please do NOT use this for emergencies!
I HAVE INJURED OR SICK WILDLIFE IN MY YARD. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
ARE WE ALLOWED TO HAVE CHICKENS, DOMESTIC DUCKS, OR OTHER POULTRY ON OUR PROPERTY?
No! Although Lake County allows poultry to be raised on property meeting certain criteria, Homeowners Associations (HOAs) have the authority to prohibit this within their bylaws. Article 4.08 of our bylaws (see p. 5 for more info) states that no animals (other than house pets) or poultry of any kind shall be kept or maintained on your property.
ARE THERE ANY BURNING RESTRICTIONS?
It depends on what you want to burn. The Open Burning Ordinance that went into effect for unincorporated Lake County in 2022 is as follows:
- Burning garbage, refuse, and construction materials is prohibited
- Burning non-woody yard waste, such as leaves and grass, is prohibited
- Burning woody yard waste, such as sticks and branches, is allowed between Nov. 1 and Mar. 31
- Recreational wood-burning fires that are no larger than 3’ x 3’ x 3’ are permitted year-round if used for warming, cooking, etc.
WITH THE LAKE COUNTY OPEN-BURNING RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE, HOW DO I DISPOSE OF YARD WASTE?
Waste Management collects yard waste weekly between April 15 and November 30 on garbage day. They only take yard waste in biodegradable Kraft paper bags or marked cans (max. 32 gal/50 lb). They will NOT collect yard waste placed in plastic bags.
To dispose of grass clippings, leaves, and small twigs, you have the following options:
- Pay for the seasonal yard waste service provided by Waste Management
- Allows 4 bags/cans per week for approximately $80 per year
- Purchase individual Waste Management yard waste stickers
- Each one-time-use sticker costs approximately $2.50
- Mulch leaves with your lawnmower or let them degrade in a compost pile
- Note, Waste Management does NOT have a contract to vacuum leaves in Fox Lake Hills
To dispose of sticks and branches, you have the following options:
- Pile them on your curb with the cut end facing the street
- Branches cannot be larger than 5 inches in diameter or longer than 6 feet
- Piles should not exceed 3 feet high by 6 feet long
- The Lake Villa Township Highway Department drives through our neighborhood with a woodchipper, often once per week in the non-winter months, but there isn't a set schedule
- Did you know that Fox Lake Hills residents can get a free 5-yd load of wood chips delivered to your home from Lake Villa Township? You can also pick up chips yourself at 37822 N. Fairfield Rd.
- You may burn woody yard waste between Nov. 1 and Mar. 31 OR year-round if being used for a recreational fire (see the Lake Co. Burning Ordinance for details)
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE WASTE MANAGEMENT YARD WASTE STICKERS?
You should reach out to Waste Management directly to get the most recent information about where to purchase yard waste stickers. As of summer 2022, Walgreens was no longer selling them but they were available at:
- Lake Villa Township Office (37908 N Fairfield Rd | M–F 7am–4pm | cash or check only)
- Jewel in Round Lake Beach (900 E Rollins Rd)
- Home Depot in Round Lake Beach (2050 N IL Rte 83)